radeon igp 345m

is there something terribly wrong with this card?? is it out of date and in need of drivers, or is it just a bad card?? I’m asking this because 1. knights of the old republic WILL run on my current system which is a sony vaio laptop w/ the video card mentioned above and 512 megs of ram and a p4 2.8 ghz processor. but it’s slow, and i know the reason…the opengl drivers on the video card are out of date, and i can’t find any to update it with. anyway…2. is recently purchased need for speed underground and it looks horrible! well compared to the ps2 version it looks like crap. most of the visual options in the game have been disabled making the game just unbearable to look at. can someone please help me???

Its an integrated shared memory 3d chip that is very slow (compared to an Radeon 9500+) and lacks the features required for OpenGL 1.4 and N4S Underground (Vertex & Pixel shaders).

No driver will fix this.

This just shows you that notebooks arent designed for gaming.

Sorry.

Originally posted by Qwerty77:
[b]This just shows you that notebooks arent designed for gaming.

Sorry.[/b]

Well, unless you spend a lot a money…

I think I saw a review where Gateway was using Radeon 9600s in some laptops… but they’re like $2000+.

hey does this card radeon igp 345m have force feedback capabilities

Originally posted by antra:
hey does this card radeon igp 345m have force feedback capabilities

Uh… by “force”, are you referring to the energy that surrounds and binds the galaxy?

If so, yes, yes it does.

Or were you referring to the force feedback that comes from JOYSTICKS and STEERING WHEELS?!!!

I have a notebook with this video card in it too. Is there a way to upgrade the video card? Externally if it can not be done internally? Thanks, this video card is very slow and I would like to get rid of it.

Originally posted by RandomPerson_05:
I have a notebook with this video card in it too. Is there a way to upgrade the video card? Externally if it can not be done internally?

Unfortunatly, no.

I have this video card, and I can sum it up like this: **** you Sony, just **** you for putting this ****ty card in your not so ****ty laptops. Call of Duty looks like it was released 6 years ago, and max payne 2 looks like the first one. I think I’m gonna pull off some warranty fraud to get a new one to sell on ebay and get myself a real computer.

? Mine werks great! Not like a PC would work, if you want great graphics why did u buy a notebook, thats your fault.