Half-life refresh rate in windows 2000

Does anyone know how to get the refresh rate up in OpenGL apps in windows 2000? I have tried everything, but it wont budge from 60hz. I have a Voodoo5 5500 and a 19’ monitor running at 1024x768 and I know 60hz is not the max for either component.

I’ve noticed this type of problem w/ my vid card. The problem is the game is using the lowest possible refresh rate that your vid card supports, in most cases it’s 60hz.

The fix that worked for me is to edit the driver.inf file that you used to install your video card drivers & go to the video mode you use in the game & change the possible refresh rates. Just delete out the 60 72 75 85 whatever, but the lowest one thats in there will be the one that gets used. I only let mine run at 100hz.

hope this helps.

Jason
dinobert@yahoo.com

P.S. You’ll need to do this every time you update your vid card drivers. You may be able to do this on your monitor driver.inf file, but I haven’t tried that b4.

Over at www.tweakfiles.com you can find a fix for your refresh problems in Windows2000. I had this problem too and that little fix really helped me alot.

-PanikSpreder