GeForce 2 MX 100/200

i cant start the game half-life in opengl mode at 800×600 resolution. it will have a loading screen and then just freeze for no reason. can someone help me on this? i need help!!!

thanks

i’m help!, i currently have 288ram and its pentium II 300mhz. why cant i start half-life game or other games that uses opengl and direct3d? why is this so?

[This message has been edited by zobrak19444 (edited 11-04-2001).]

Your CPU speed and memory have (almost) nothing to do with opengl and direct3d.
I’m sorry, but I don’t have a true solution for you . Halflife IS a little picky w/ 3d acceleration. Just try different drivers is the only advice i can give you.

[This message has been edited by Villan007 (edited 11-05-2001).]

does the ram in the graphics card require a specific type of motherboard??? the graphics card i have is AGP type, my motherboard support agp, at 2x speed. but furthermore, i cant play direct3d programs, i can get to play half-life thru these steps using opengl:

1. open up half-life
  2. load a map, wait for the “loading” screen to freeze
  3. press alt+ctrl+del, wait for the “blue” screen, press esc, then close the not responding program.
  4. open half-life again, wait for it to freeze, then alt+ctrl+del, wait for the “blue” screen, press esc, close the not responding program.
  5. finally, i can start playing half-life using opengl…

i feel that i cant use the graphic ram… for graphics… if i’m not wrong… why is this so? maybe i should ask nvidia… thanks for your help anyway…

I have a gigabyte m/board amd k3 450 256ram and could run any game/demo with my voodoo3500 card, i bought a geforce2 mx200 and cannot play Unreal Torny and alot of other games /demos or direct3d, opengl and am running all latest drivers any ideas, gunna scrap the card and buy a voodoo5!

Originally posted by Help!:
[b]i cant start the game half-life in opengl mode at 800×600 resolution. it will have a loading screen and then just freeze for no reason. can someone help me on this? i need help!!!

thanks[/b]

I have the same problem that you. have you resolve it? If you have can you help me .

thank you