Texture problem - hardware failure?

I recently installed a geforce2 mx/mx400, and ever since then the textures in my opengl apps and games turns out this way:
http://www.student.hig.se/~na97man/textures2.jpg http://www.student.hig.se/~na97man/textures.jpg

(The jpeg’s are screendumps from running two opengl demos i have downloaded, so it’s not my code.)

Non-textured polygons and other objects turns out just fine, it’s the textures that fail. And I have tried a number of different graphics drivers, but all with the same result. Is it a hardware error, or what else might it be?

Wow ! That’s impressive ! Have you tried OpenGL in an other software like a game for example ? Does other modes work with 3D ( Direct3D, Software … ) ?
As for me ( but I’m not a professional ) that is a problem driver.
Try to change the configuration of your 3D engine ( default settings first, then try other changes such as level of detail for your textures ).
This might also occur because of drivers conflict, or because of the installation of a bad driver.
Be sure that the IRQ for your graphic card isn’t allready used by an other card.
Try to remove your graphic drivers properly and reinstall them. Of course, you should have updated all of your hardware drivers.
If there are no changes, then try changing the graphic BIOS.
Waiting for your future experiences…

Looks like a hardware related problem but its not necessarily the card, it could be your motherboard too.

What kind of motherboard do you have?

Originally posted by blackvise:
Wow ! That’s impressive ! Have you tried OpenGL in an other software like a game for example ? Does other modes work with 3D ( Direct3D, Software … ) ?
As for me ( but I’m not a professional ) that is a problem driver.
Try to change the configuration of your 3D engine ( default settings first, then try other changes such as level of detail for your textures ).
This might also occur because of drivers conflict, or because of the installation of a bad driver.
Be sure that the IRQ for your graphic card isn’t allready used by an other card.
Try to remove your graphic drivers properly and reinstall them. Of course, you should have updated all of your hardware drivers.
If there are no changes, then try changing the graphic BIOS.
Waiting for your future experiences…

I think i got the same problem. And there might be a solution in your answer, but how do check/change all that?

Sorry for the late reply/update, but a BIOS-update failed and I could’nt start my computer for a couple of days. This was not all bad though since I had to install a new motherboard, and now opengl-textures and DirectX works just fine actually.

By the way, the screendumps are from one direct3d-application and one opengl-app. Not two opengl applications as I wrote.

Anyway even though I don’t know what was wrong in the first place, it probably was’nt the graphic card or the driver since I use the same card and driver now. And I had no IRQ conflicts, so it was’nt that either. So… I guess it was the motherboard. :slight_smile:

My old motherboard was an Aopen S61 and the one I use now is an ABIT BE6, if that information is of any use to anyone. well well…