Windows XP and OpenGL problem!!

Hi

ok, basically, i have upgrade one of our LAN computers, replacing the Voodoo 3 3000 gfx card with a cheap GeForce 256 i bought off Ebay. Here is the problem. If i try and use Windows XP on this computer, with the gf256, with either 23.11 or 28.32 driver set, OpenGL seems to run in “slow motion”. Its not jerky, as the FPS look good, it just seems to run in slow motion, i also remember i had this problem with the voodooo 3 (one reason for upgrading)
Installing windows 98 seems to get rid of this problem, and it only effects windows xp.

Can any1 help me with this annoying problem?

Many thanks

Will

WinXP has a higher memory demand than Win9x. You should have at least 256megs or more in my opinion. Also try shutting down any services you don’t need running. That will free up memory and keep the games from having to use any VM.

the machine spec is:

AMD Duron 800
320mb CAS 2 133SDRAM
GeForce 256 (agp4 fastwrite)
windows xp

so y wud it slow that now? its not like its a slow machine really.

I dont know if this will help, but just buy a new one fresh out off the shelf.Like a new Radeon 7200 64mb AGP.That should satisfy any of your gaming needs.

Yea I just check out some other boards and it seems the durons are a little slow un WinXP. Check this message for some stuff to try. http://forums.impressionsgames.com/msgview.asp?focus=zeustech&mid=5225

Good luck

Originally posted by Kryptonic:
[b]Hi

ok, basically, i have upgrade one of our LAN computers, replacing the Voodoo 3 3000 gfx card with a cheap GeForce 256 i bought off Ebay. Here is the problem. If i try and use Windows XP on this computer, with the gf256, with either 23.11 or 28.32 driver set, OpenGL seems to run in “slow motion”. Its not jerky, as the FPS look good, it just seems to run in slow motion, i also remember i had this problem with the voodooo 3 (one reason for upgrading)
Installing windows 98 seems to get rid of this problem, and it only effects windows xp.

Can any1 help me with this annoying problem?

Many thanks

Will[/b]

Sounds like some sort of driver problem to me. I’ve got a Geforce with the latest detonator drivers, version:

Maybe you just need a driver upgrade?

Regards,
Jim