Radeon 9000 FPS Decrease while Playing CS! An Open GL Prob?

Ok, Im not sure wheather this topic has already been discussed but I wasnt able to see any topics relating to this.

Anyhow, my main problem is my FPS decreasing while playing CS. Currently my system is: (Main points):

• AMD 1.4GHZ
  • 512 SD RAM
  • Radeon 9000, 128 DDR RAM
  • Windows XP
  • Latest Radeon 9000 Drivers installed

Basically, Im quite certain that it is not my hardware that seems to be the problem, but some video setting that I just cant seem to get right. Basically, while playing CS my FPS is maxed out to 99, though it is very inconsistent. At times, it will drop to about 35 FPS (Especially when I encounter the enemy), and then it will shoot back up.

Playing the game at this level is quite hard, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out. As a matter of fact, this has seemed to become a problem ever since I reinstalled Windows XP. Everything use to run smootly even when I had a GeForce2 MX. Even when I installed the Radeon 9000, everything was ok, only until now.

I have tried things such as, modifying the settings under “Deskop Properties” and the “Open GL” tab, though the decrease in FPS still exists. I know the problem is small, just wondering if anyone can help!

Thanks!