Voodoo 3 2000, OpenGL, Win2k, and Halflife

Alright, i load up the latest of everything (OpenGL 1.1 libraries for win2k, the standard cause i tried installing the very latest and it isnt compatibly with win2k) and go to run my halflife in opengl mode and it still does not see it.

Anyone know why OpenGl and win2k wont work with HL, but it works with every other game i own?

I thought I was the onl one with that problem! It was like it suddenly happened for no good reason. But NONE of my OpenGL games worked. I restarted my puter and they worked, but not Half-Life. In the config, i changed to default opengl driver instead of 3dfx mini. I actually got to the console! But still it did not work. I downloaded the GLSetup all night only to find out that it wont work with Win2k. Direct3d flat out sucks on Voodoo3. Its pissing me off, i wonder if it could be the newest HL patch 1.1.0.4?? Probably not. Someone help me, I need to play HL! Every other game works except for the greatest game of all time!

I have found the solution to our problems! Along the way, valve forgot to direct to GL drivers to the game. All YOU have to do is goto sierra/half-life/gldrv folder, copy the 3dfxgl.dll file to the sierra/half-life folder. The game should run fine now! If the DLL is not there, search your hard drive.

Originally posted by Efferat:
[b]Alright, i load up the latest of everything (OpenGL 1.1 libraries for win2k, the standard cause i tried installing the very latest and it isnt compatibly with win2k) and go to run my halflife in opengl mode and it still does not see it.

Anyone know why OpenGl and win2k wont work with HL, but it works with every other game i own?[/b]

Hey DUDE go to the 3DFX site and dl the mini gl for right NOW until they make a new gl driver for WIN 2k Its nice i have used it