XP+OPENGL HELP

OK I JUST INSTALLED XP AND ANY… ANY GAME THAT I TRY TO RUN IN OPENGL OR GLIDE ( I HAVE A V4) IT JUST SHOWS A MESSED UP SCREEN… SOMETHING LIKE WHEN UR RESOLUTION IS TOO HIGH BUT THE COLORS ARE MESSED UP AND WHEN I MOVE THE MOUSE THE COLORS TURN DIFF AND STUFF. I HAVE TRYED DOWNLOADING ALL THE DRIVERS FOR 2K AND 98 AND SOME MODIFIED DRIVERS FROM VOODOO FILES BUT NOTHING HAS WORKED. WHEN I RUN UT IT SHOWS GLIDE AND OPENGL AS COMPATIBLE, WELL THANKS FOR ANY HELP

XP only has default OpenGL Support, which is very poor. You need to use the drivers that are supplied by XP. There is no Glide and probably will not be in the future of XP. What it amounts to, is any 3dfx card is slowly getting phased out of upcoming os’s. Time to move on to a new video card, .

Well I’ve not tried this, but you could try to use a Glide wrapper. You can get one at www.glideunderground.com

And by the way… don’t throw out your Voodoo 4… 3dfx is NOT obsolete… I still have my Voodoo 3, and I probably will still have it for a long time because it is a GOOD card. And Nvidia sucks cause they are trying to eliminate 3dfx altogether.

By the way… I used XP, but went back to W2k cause it is much better… and it supports Glide. So consider tossing that XP disc into the microwave, cause it ain’t good!

[This message has been edited by Villan007 (edited 09-15-2001).]