3dfx Voodoo5 Drivers for XP

Heres the problem, 3dfx is not in existence. They never produced drivers for they’re cards to run in XP. All of the third party drivers I have tried mess my system up, for instince… after installing a 3rd party driver and after reboooting. I get nothing but a blank screen after the “Windows XP Loading” screen. Im almost urged just to use an Nvidia driver for GeForce and see what happens. Help please.

P.S. I think Wiked3d.com would be my best bet but theyre site is no more either? help

[This message has been edited by MayheM (edited 12-02-2002).]

Dude, trying the Nvidia drivers for your voodoo wont work.

The only options you have is either going back to Win98SE or sell that Voodoo5 as long as you get some bucks for it on ebay.

I got the drivers working, now when trying to play tribes it says I have now OpenGL…doesnt XP come with OpenGL? Wondering how to install the OpenGL.dll’s ****ing **** is pisssin me off

[This message has been edited by MayheM (edited 12-02-2002).]

nothing has right U`d sell ur vodoo and buy a geforce 3 ti 200 for a cheaper price

thanks for the help guys, but this gentelman had the best solution. For all of you with the same prob… http://www.ansiblenetwork.com/tutorials/winxp_3dfx/winxp_3dfx.shtml

[This message has been edited by MayheM (edited 12-03-2002).]

Dude, no offense but you dont get it.

THIS MAY WORK FOR TODAY’S GAMES BUT IT MOSTLIKLEY WONT WORK FOR TOMORROW’S GAMES.

Face it 3DFX is DEAD and the 3rd party drivers are just HACKS of the original ones.

If you blame OpenGL because the hackers cant keep up its your own fault.

Your not the only one!!!