OH! not another error!

after having the RUNDLL 3dfx13ps.dll error
coming up when i installed my TNT2 with gl drivers i got a little anoyed.not being able to play Q2 or Q3 i removed it and put my old 3d card in which is a voodoo banshee.now i get anther error saying:
ERROR STARTING PROGRAM
msvcp60.dll file is linked to missing export
msvcrt.dll:_lc_collate_cp.
GEEEEZE what am i doing wrong?

I think that the ms*.dll files is system files from Microsoft. Check if your Windows CD can be of any help.

The TNT2 is a much better card. Get the right drivers and reinstall that card. Many thousands of gamers quite happily use the TNT2 card to play Quake2 & Quake3. I suggest you reinstall the NVIDIA reference drivers (detonator 3 is probably best but try detonator 2 if you have problems)
http://www.nvidia.com/pages.nsf/pages/NVIDIA_Drivers

If you still have probs then try using conservative BIOS settings for the AGP controls, but currently your issue is drivers not BIOS.

You might also want to reinstall windows.

I’ve found that some card OEM’s take some great working drivers from IHV’s and manage to screw up the installation. I preffer to install IHV drivers and do it by bringing up the control panel, display properties, settings, advanced, adapter, change button, select have disk and specify the directory from the unzipped driver download, the one with the .inf file. The auto installing exe should be OK, but historically I’ve had less trouble with the manual approach.

Remember before changing the card you might want to switch graphics back to VGA mode if you’re worried about plug & pray working.

Originally posted by stafford:
after having the RUNDLL 3dfx13ps.dll error
coming up when i installed my TNT2 with gl drivers i got a little anoyed.not being able to play Q2 or Q3 i removed it and put my old 3d card in which is a voodoo banshee.now i get anther error saying:
ERROR STARTING PROGRAM
msvcp60.dll file is linked to missing export
msvcrt.dll:_lc_collate_cp.
GEEEEZE what am i doing wrong?

I had similar bad experiences when I switched from a VooDoo card to Nvidia. The problem was the “left over” 3Dfx .dlls and registry settings. Change your display mode to Standard VGA before uninstalling drivers to be able to more completely remove the old drivers.