OpenGL Counterstrike & ATI Radeon

I have been running counterstrike in Open GL 1024x768 on my windows 2000 - 128mb RDRAM - ATI 64 mb Radeon VE system perfectly fine for 2 months, but out of the blue it says “The selected OpenGL mode is not swupported by your video card” whenever i try to join a game. Any suggestions?

I have the same video card, but what i would do is to make sure your hardware acceleration is at FULL, and u get the newest drivers for the card

yeah i did both of those, no luck yet. i think it may be a general video prob, not CS sepcific, bec. lots of my graphics have been looking ****ed up - any idea what wud make openGL altogether stop working?

Yo dude… i got the same friggin problem wid my radeon 64ddr… i think ati just makes **** software… i hate ati…

i have the same problem with my nvidia graphics card. i guess the best bet is to make sure you have the latest driver for that card. those of you who use ATI cards, you should check their website, they have patches available. if anyone has solved this problem, please share the wealth

oh, by the way, for counterstrike, you can use the direct3d mode, it works just as well.

Originally posted by JW:
I have the same video card, but what i would do is to make sure your hardware acceleration is at FULL, and u get the newest drivers for the card

I have the Radeon 8500 and have not been able to get openGL to work either. And yes it does matter because I can’t see under water with out it. I have gone to ATI about my open GL. I have gone to Compaq too and no one seems to know why it is not working. I can’t play castlemania demo mod without it. And I hear that DOD2 will require openGL. A friend of mine has a game that download openGL when loading the game. I will see if this will work and let you all know.

I have the same issue, geforce Xtasy3 and CS says that my video card does not support OpenGL.

Now I have reinstalled the Drivers, and uninstalled multiple times… It is a Windows issue, Also the demos that came with the card like Zoltar and others DO NOT WORK eigther… Saying that opengl.dll or libray not supported.

I can’t find a way to reinstal the opengl subsystem. I would like to just start over with it but can’t reinstall windows. (Too much of a headache.) Running 98osr2, and the date on the open file is like 99…

HELP

needs_pratice