Nvidia MX400

I have this Nvidia Geforce2 MX400, ive had for the longest time, and recently, as I play counter-strike, it has been a really jumpy screen as i run around, im using opengl and i have all the latest drivers. If i switch to d3d, its fine but d3d sucks compared to opengl… at times opengl works fine and i run smoothly, its not lag from a network problem im sure of that, i know its opengl, everything works fine when i switch to d3d. I believe this is a driver issue as part of opengl… but i ahve the latest driver. is there an update to just opengl ican install? I dont have anymore ideas… please hit me with some. THanks, ADAM

If if it worked fine before then it must be something you installed afterwards.

Matlab perhaps?

I’d say probably spyware or some such thing sucking up system resources.

Of course, if it happens in other games… your card may be suffering from old age or you have some other hardware about to fail.

we this is strange, but i found on a different forum, that i shuld turn down hardware acceleration, i did on notcha and its fine now, for some reason it’s worked fine all along, but it decided to crap up and make me turn tat down… but whatever im going to invest soon in a new video card… but thanks for your guys help on the matter anyways. :slight_smile:

OK, the card started acting up again, its a Nvidia geforce 2 MX 400 (PCI Edition). I swapped it with my friends MX-440 (AGP) and it did the same thing… My guess is that Nvidia uses the same driver for all there video card and their driver just sucks and won’t work or is conflicting with my system somewhere else, which is beyond my knowledge. If anyone has anymore suggestions Id be delighted to hear them :slight_smile: Otherwise I’m going to www.newegg.com and purchasing a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. My friend has one of those and it works like a charm, but I think where I’d be using ATI drivers instead, it might work better which is why I’m going to buy an ATI. Plus that card has pretty high performance as far as benchmarks are concerned.

Uh… yeah, the 9800 Pro is about 50 times more powerful than the Nvidia geforce 2 MX 400 (PCI Edition).

Make sure you have a powerful enough power supply.

I’ve had a similar problem with my GeForce4 MX440. When I play any game with a 3d enviornment,(mostly half-life mods) the textures are quite distorted. It still works but is very annoying. When I switch to D3D, it works fine.