Gamma problem with OpenGL

I have a weird problem with OpenGL: Whenever I play an OpenGL game on my computer, be it Doom or Quake or whatever, the graphics are very dark and I almost literally can’t see anything becuase it is so dark. And this is with the gamma brightness level turned all the way up in the game! Since I have this problem with all OpenGL games, I suspect that it has something to do with the drivers or my video card. My system runs Windows ME with an Intel i810 video card. Please help me!

Originally posted by plinko:
I have a weird problem with OpenGL: Whenever I play an OpenGL game on my computer, be it Doom or Quake or whatever, the graphics are very dark and I almost literally can’t see anything becuase it is so dark. And this is with the gamma brightness level turned all the way up in the game! Since I have this problem with all OpenGL games, I suspect that it has something to do with the drivers or my video card. My system runs Windows ME with an Intel i810 video card. Please help me!

I have the same problem. When I play Heretic II, the game is so dark you can hardly see your character. Adjusting gamma and brightness makes the game look horrible. I have an Nvidia Geforce 2GTS with Detonator drivers 4345.

Hi,

I have\had the same problem with MDK2.
It’s not the Gamma you’re supposed to change, I think. I have a little app in the driver of the card that controls two “overlay’s” of brightness and contrast.
If adjusted well -and also your screen-
It looks better…

PB