PDA

View Full Version : GeForce256 problem

05-09-2000, 11:33 AM
I can't seem to get OpenGL to work on my new card (Asus GeForce DDR 256 v6800 Delux). I have the latest 3.75 drivers, the card works in Direct3D.

I try playing a game called Tribes and in the area where normally I would select OpenGL(Asus blah blah), my only option is OpenGL(Generic) which does not work. Also, I tried Soldier of Fortune and it gives me a windows error, page fault in 3dfxogl.dll (I used to have a 3dfx card)

What could some possible problems be with my games not finding OpenGL?
Thanks.

05-09-2000, 11:39 AM
Same problem with v6600 Deluxe SGRam and Tribes. It locks the system tight. I've used stock/beta drives from Asus and Nvidia without any luck. Software mode works, but looks horriable. I took out a TNT card for the newer technology. Hate to go back to that. System is Athalon system, Asus K7M, 256 megs memory, 300watt ps, and no support from Asus.

05-19-2000, 04:31 AM
I have a 700mhz athelon gateway with geoforce card. I cannot play SOF DEMO. This is a new system. The game drags and lags and the sound is off. I really do not know what to do? I was going to by the full version, now I dont know. I emailed SOF, no replies.

Originally posted by Wick:
I can't seem to get OpenGL to work on my new card (Asus GeForce DDR 256 v6800 Delux). I have the latest 3.75 drivers, the card works in Direct3D.

I try playing a game called Tribes and in the area where normally I would select OpenGL(Asus blah blah), my only option is OpenGL(Generic) which does not work. Also, I tried Soldier of Fortune and it gives me a windows error, page fault in 3dfxogl.dll (I used to have a 3dfx card)

What could some possible problems be with my games not finding OpenGL?
Thanks.

05-23-2000, 06:37 PM
i have a 700 athlon with 256 mb of pc-133 ram. i got this ****ty Asus geforce256 card and on quake 3 the graphics are so poor. I have another comp that has an ati rage 128 and it runs beautifully. If anyone knows what the problem is and how to fix it please reply!

Eric
05-23-2000, 10:24 PM
You should all try the leaked detonator drivers from nVidia. You can find them at :
http://www.reactorcritical.com/

For Windows 2000, the current *leaked* version is 5.17.
For Windows 95/98, it is 5.22.
For Windows NT 4.0, it is 5.18.
For Windows CE, ... Hey, just kidding !

Please note that THESE DRIVERS ARE NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED BY NVIDIA. So don't bother writing to nVidia if you have problems with them !

BUT these drivers are constantly fixing problems (specially on Athlon-based systems).

On the Reactor Critical web site, you will also find a discussion forum (similar to this one) about driver issues. You should post your problem there (or just read the previous posts as your question might already have an answer !).

I hope this will help you.

Best regards.

Eric