Counter Strike locking with Open GL

Ok system stats:

AMD K6 450 Mhz
192 MB SDRAM
32 MB Geforce 2 MX
(can’t remember the motherboard, old system)

Detonator 3 drivers

I can run it in software mode easily but well… duh. After about 10-15 minutes of playing it completly locks up and I get a sound loop of the last sound I heard. No luck in either Open GL or D3D… GL better anyway

Hey, I’m running a GF2 GTS and cant get OpenGL or direct3d to go, at all. The game freezes right before i get in, what is going on?

YES I HAVE THE DETONATOR 3s.

Are you saying that you don’t even get past the console screen? If thats the case then it might not be the graphics at all, unless it works when your in software render mode.

Install the latest via agp drivers www.viatech.com , and select “normal mode” fixed my problems, if i run in “turbo mode” most of my games running on opengl locks.

I have a different problem, which is when i start to play after about a half an hour my guy starts to move in slow motion. I have a geforce3 GTS by visiontek, running a 1.2athlon asus a7m266 mobo, 128ddr mushkin ram. any suggestions?

i ment my geforce 2

Originally posted by Esk:
i ment my geforce 2

Umm…DDR Ram doesn’t work with AMD Athlon…You’re screwed, unless you get a Pentium or SDRAM.

Black Crusader

Okay, I’ve had this jam up problem all the same with MY CS game. It was awhile ago…It all started when I installed my new sound card (X-Gamer). Suddenly, NONE of my 3D games would work. Check ALL your 3D games, see if they work. If it’s only CS, then this probably isn’t the answer. Anyway, after about 5-15 minutes of playing, the games would lock Windows, and a sound loop would go on and on. I eventually fixed it by tinkering with my computer’s guts. I discovered a problem with my Hard Drive earlier (nothing to do with my games), and I decided, “Hey, my Hard Drive is missing some drivers.” Well, I installed those drivers right there…didn’t work…Well, I took out the 40-pin gray cable going from the hard drive to the motherboard…I replaced it with an 80-pin. IT WORKED! All my games started working again, and the problem I had went away! The cable was too old! OLDNESS is the problem in our society! OLDness! hehe, anyway, I hope I solved your problem. Remember, check out your OTHER 3D games (not your 2D games, because Nox worked fine).

Black Crusader

Okay, I’ve had this jam up problem all the same with MY CS game. It was awhile ago…It all started when I installed my new sound card (X-Gamer). Suddenly, NONE of my 3D games would work. Check ALL your 3D games, see if they work. If it’s only CS, then this probably isn’t the answer. Anyway, after about 5-15 minutes of playing, the games would lock Windows, and a sound loop would go on and on. I eventually fixed it by tinkering with my computer’s guts. I discovered a problem with my Hard Drive earlier (nothing to do with my games), and I decided, “Hey, my Hard Drive is missing some drivers.” Well, I installed those drivers right there…didn’t work…Well, I took out the 40-pin gray cable going from the hard drive to the motherboard…I replaced it with an 80-pin. IT WORKED! All my games started working again, and the problem I had went away! The cable was too old! OLDNESS is the problem in our society! OLDness! hehe, anyway, I hope I solved your problem. Remember, check out your OTHER 3D games (not your 2D games, because Nox worked fine).

Black Crusader

Black Crusader

how do u figure ddr ram doesnt work with athlon hahah just curious