GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem wolf

My video card is a Nvidia Riva 128. Is this card to old to support openGL, because whenever I try to run a new game that envolves openGL, I get the same message GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem. This has happend when I tried to run wolfenstein, and Alice. Please offer me some help. I have downloaded every driver possible, and even tried the win.ini thing but can find DVA=0. My OS is Windows 2000

The Riva 128 is a pretty old card. It came in 4 Megabytes and 8 Megabytes flavors.

One of many restiction of the Riva 128:
It could only accelerate 3D in 16Bit, so make sure your desktop is set to 16Bit.

Anyway the Riva 128 is way outdated for todays games which require at least 16 or 32 Megabytes of video ram.

ok I know now the solution. There are two different kind of reasons that are cousing this problem:

1. You’ve got Windows XP or 2k this is the problem of Microsoft programmers so we have to wait till they ll fix up and will make a patch to it. So to get out of this sh*t you have to install a secound OS (for example Windows 98) and, like I did, play the game on it.
  2. You have to remove the line DVA=0 from your win.ini file in WINDOWS folder by putting at the beginning “;” so it will be something like this: ;DVA=0 .

Ohh it can be something else but I ve found this two solutions. Mail me if you have any probs with this on brox@poczta.fm