Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller [Display adapter]

I have a professional graphics program written using OpenGL. It runs very well (the memory and virtual memory usage is around 40M) on my computer (1.4G cpu, 256M ram, display adaptor GeForce2 MX/MX 400).
But when I run the same software on one of my co-worker’s computer. The memory usage went up to a few hundred Mega byte. He actually has a much better computer (2.5G cpu, 1G Ram). The only thing we can thing of is he has an integrated graphics card from intel (Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller [Display adapter]).
Is the integrated card the cause of the problem?

Thanks a lot.
Jim

Originally posted by 20040902jimeg:

Is the integrated card the cause of the problem?

Its hard to tell without more information about what you are doing (using compressed textures,3d textures, pbuffer usage and so on).

You should post this in the “coding: beginners” board and beef it up with some more information.

Always remember: the quality of the answers is usually directly proportional to the quality of the questions.

no any kind of texture is involved in this program. display list is used to render. I think I just want to know generally is this kind intel integrated graphics chipset perform well on OpenGL program. This question is specific on any information on Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller [Display adapter]
I did find something talk about this from
http://www.opentechsupport.net/forums/archive/topic/27664-1.html
Any more information is welcome.

Ah yes, the performance of the Intel integrated 3d chips is crap (this is true for ALL integrated 3d solutions).

About the memory usage: Intel uses an Unified Memory Architecture (UMA) which means the graphic has no dedicated memory, instead it dynamicaly allocates the main memory as video memory (up to 128 MB I think).

I believe that is what you are seeing.

Thanks. I believe that is the reason.