Unreal Tournament 2003 OpenGL Problems.

Unreal Tournament 2003 has been an great purchase for me, and I recently realized that OpenGL surpasses Direct3D’s performance in this particular game on my system, but it has a few graphic problems that I would like to be remedied, and I was wondering if anyone here would lend me a hand in getting the most out of this game in OpenGL.

The problems are listed below:

1. OpenGL seems to be limited to blob shadows in this game, and based on what I heard, it is something that OpenGL cannot support as of now. Hopefully someone here can clarify this with me. The blob shadows only seem to appear more on flat planes, and don’t seem to appear on complex terrain. A portion of a blob shadow always seems to be “cut off” when under a dead character, too.

2. (This problem also occurs with Direct3D) I see very few red blood decals. The only red blood decals I see are from shots here and there, and from the spot in which a player has been gibbed. However, when their gibs bounce of walls and land on the floor and whatnot, there are no red blood decals appearing in the spots in which they have hit.

3. I believe I have seen a character (A male Gen Mo Kai character) that has missing textures in the hair. Everyone else seems to be fine for some reason.

Hopefully someone can help me out here. If you need some more information about drivers, my system, and whatnot, refer to the information below. If you need any more, just ask and I’ll dig up some more if I can. Thanks for the assistance!

Specs:

1. Intel Pentium 4 1.3GHz processor.
  2. 384MBs of random access memory.
  3. Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600 128MB DDR AGP4X.

Drivers:

1. DirectX 8.1.
  2. Nvidia Detonator 44.03.

Game:

1. All details set to highest quality.
  2. Patch 2225 installed.
  3. Running game at 1024x768.
  4. Full scene antialaising set on 4xS.
  5. Anisotropy set on 8x.