Geforce 4 Ti 4200 poor OpenGL

Hello,

I got a celeron 400 to 500 on an old asus p2b-vm and brand new Albatron g4 ti 4200.
everything works really fast in any d3d games, I can run max payne at 1024 on my old pc, but all about OpenGL is very slow, even quake 1 , I only get 30 fps or something … I did better with my old TNT 2 M64 …

So, what is the problem ?

thanks

i 100% agree with you. i have geforce1 i know its old, but i used to get around 150 fps in 1024x768 in q2; however, ever since i installed the new nvidia drivers i screwed everything up and now i get 50 fps in q2 and d3d is still fast as usual. but thats really annoying me and i tried to install the old drivers back on but still slow opengl. I’m running a dell, are you? perhaps thats the reason

No, I don’t have a DELL.

I too have tried the latest official drivers of Nvidia and the beta one too, it’s all the same.

I forgot to mention that I have tried too to disable the vertical sync in the options and it is still very slow in OpenGL.

No, I don’t have a DELL.

I too have tried the latest official drivers of Nvidia and the beta one too, it’s all the same.

I forgot to mention that I have tried too to disable the vertical sync in the options and it is still very slow in OpenGL.

well i was just gonna tell you that i found out my opengl works fine now that i turned off v sync, but u already tried it. try d/ling a tweak prog thats all i can say