plze help cs+winxp+open gl problem

OK THIS IS REALLY PISSIN ME OFF PLEZE REPLY
I FINELLY DOWNLOADED THE LATEST DRIVER FOR MY CRAPPY ASS VIDEO CARD AND NOW MY OPEN GL WORKS BUT ITS ABSOLUTLY HORRIBLE GRAPHICS I MEAN WEN I USE SOFTWARE IN COUNTERSTRIKE ITS BETTER THAN USIN OPEN GL… IN OPEN GL MODE THE GRAPHIC R ABOSOULTY HORRID!!! THE GRAPHICS WERE BETTER WEN I HAD WIN 98

AND WHAT KIND OF CRAPPY ASS VIDEO CARD THAT WOULD BE?
WHAT KIND OF SYSTEM DO YOU HAVE?
AND DID YOU DO A CLEAN INSTALL OF XP OR DID YOU UPGRADE YOU WIN98 TO XP?
AND WHAT DOES THE HORRIBLE GRAPHICS LOOK LIKE?

And btw. stop shouting I am not deaf (or is your caps-lock broken?).

sorry didnt mean for capslock there man…
ok i jus upgraded to xp from 98 and by crappy graphics i get 7 fps in counter strike but wen i use open gl its really laggy and blurry and worse graphics… i have a 3d rage pro and updated to the lastest driver. i think? thanx alot if u can help

Ah I see, well updating to XP has been proven to be flaky and problematic.

Anyway I checked on ATI’s website and they have two drivers, the recommended one which does NOT support OpenGL (only in software emulation and that seems to happen to you) and an alternate one which should support OpenGL.

Here is the link:
http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/wxp-rpro-51026006010.html

Give it a shot and see how it goes.

And you may want to upgrade your card soon, it wasn’t on par with everthing else even when it came out 3 or 4 years ago…

As a sidenote, for a gamer Win98 is still the first choice as it needs less resources and gives you higher framerates…

thats the one i have???
is there ne thing i can do to tweak open gl’s proformance

Make sure you run your desktop in hicolor mode (16bit per pixel) and not in truecolor (24/32bit).