OpenGL FAQs for Developers
These FAQs are contributed by various developers. The developers are the primary maintainers and we rely on them to let us know about changes. If you notice errors or incorrect links, please contact us with the specific information and the correction. This FAQ is being superceded by the Technical FAQ Wiki.
- Getting Started
- If you are just getting started coding in OpenGL, this FAQ will give you the basics of what you need to begin. From there continue on to the full Technical FAQ
- OpenGL Technical FAQ & Troubleshooting Guide
- The OpenGL Technical FAQ and Troubleshooting Guide will answer some basic technical questions and explain frequently misunderstood topics, features, and concepts. FAQ subjects include: Getting started, GLUT, GLU, Microsoft Window specifics, transforms, clipping, color, extensions, drawing lines, fonts, rasteration, transparency, lighting and more.
- GLUT (OpenGL Utility Toolkit) FAQ
- The most frequently asked about GLUT 3.7 - the OpenGL Utility Toolkit, a window system independent toolkit for writing OpenGL programs. GLUT makes it considerably easier to learn about and explore OpenGL programming. and provides a portable API so you can write a single OpenGL program that works on across all PC and workstation OS platforms.
- What you need to do to use the OpenGL logo on your web site or in your products
- The OpenGL logo is an SGI trademark. To use the logo on your web site or in print collateral you simply need to submit a logo usage form. To use the OpenGL logo on product packaging, you will need to complete an SGI license agreement.