Advertising on OpenGL.org
The premier place to advertise to 3D technology and coding audiences.
OpenGL.org site is the one-stop hub for developers and consumers for all OpenGL news, events, gaming new and developer resources for Windows, Linux, Mac, Unix, Java, Gaming Consoles & Cell Phones.
What do viewers find on OpenGL.org?
- Developer & technical resources for OpenGL programming. OpenGL.org is an vendor and organization independent web site and the source for all OpenGL documentation, tutorials, sample code and sample applications.
- Daily news reports about new OpenGL products and events
- Consumer information for Games and 3D Accelerator Boards.
- Discussion Forums for developers and end-users
- OpenGL-related developer job posting
What our advertisers say about OpenGL.org"OpenGL.org reaches a highly targeted audience of professional graphics developers who are passionately interested in new tools and technologies. We've seen a significant increase in sales - not just leads - for our SilverLining sky and cloud visualization library following our campaigns on opengl.org. The performance of these ads have been an order of magnitude more effective than any other online or print campaigns that we've run. The value we're seeing for our advertising dollar really is unprecedented here."
OpenGL.org readership statistics
OpenGL receives high traffic from a particularly well-qualified audience
- Over 7,600,000 page views per month.
- Over 880,000 unique visitors per month.
- Each visitor averages approximately 8 pages/visit
- User Type Breakdown:
27% End-User Consumers/Gamers
11% End-User Professionals
- For end-user consumers, OpenGL 3D games are the item of primary interest (60%)
- Loyalty and community on OpenGL is very high with over 50% of our viewers visiting the site one or more times/wk. Word of mouth is also very strong with 30% being first time visitors.
- OpenGL.org is referenced by over 4200 external sites (Alexa).
- Advertising Click through rates are averaging between .1% and 2%.
- 728X90 pixel Banners in rotation at the top of every main section including the Home Page
- Format must be either JPG, GIF or PNG.
- 50K or smaller
All advertisers receive weekly reports that includes Ad Impressions, and Click-throughs rates.
$5 per thousand impressions paid monthly - 1 or 2 banners. You choose how many impressions per month you want and we set it up. For example: 1000 impressions daily is roughly 30,000 impressions per month, which would be $150 per month.
How to submit ads
- Create one or more banner ads that features your OpenGL offerings (728px x 90px and < 50k).
- Email us the ad for approval
- Once your ad is approved, click on your preferred payment rate:
Right of Refusal
OpenGL.org reserves the right to refuse, at it's sole discretion, any advertiser or any particular banner from an advertiser. The advertiser may replace the refused banner with a more suitable one if desired. Our banner space is provided to the OpenGL community and dedicated to the promotion of OpenGL companies, projects, and products. We expect that any advertiser and their banners will reflect a positive professional image. We will not accept ads which are deemed in appropriate. This includes, but is not limited to: nudity, adult material, ads unrelated to OpenGL, competing APIs, and attacking another vendor's product. We reserve the right to cancel any advertising contract at any time without warning.