|Core in version||4.3|
|Core since version||4.3|
|Core ARB extension||ARB_clear_buffer_object|
glClearBufferSubData: fill all or part of buffer object's data store with a fixed value
void glClearBufferSubData(GLenum target, GLenum internalformat, GLintptr offset, GLsizeiptr size, GLenum format, GLenum type, const void * data);
- Specifies the target buffer object. The symbolic constant must be GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER, GL_COPY_READ_BUFFER, GL_COPY_WRITE_BUFFER, GL_DRAW_INDIRECT_BUFFER, GL_DISPATCH_INDIRECT_BUFFER, GL_ELEMENT_ARRAY_BUFFER, GL_PIXEL_PACK_BUFFER, GL_PIXEL_UNPACK_BUFFER, GL_SHADER_STORAGE_BUFFER, GL_TEXTURE_BUFFER, GL_TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK_BUFFER, or GL_UNIFORM_BUFFER.
- The sized internal format with which the data will be stored in the buffer object.
- The offset, in basic machine units into the buffer object's data store at which to start filling.
- The size, in basic machine units of the range of the data store to fill.
- The format of the data in memory addressed by data.
- The type of the data in memory addressed by data.
- The address of a memory location storing the data to be replicated into the buffer's data store.
glClearBufferSubData fills a specified region of a buffer object's data store with data from client memory. offset and size demark the extent of the region within the data store of the buffer object bound to target to fill with data. Data, initially supplied in a format specified by format in data type type is read from the memory address given by data and converted into the internal representation given by internalforamt. This converted data is then replicated throughout the specified region of the buffer object's data store.
If data is NULL, then the subrange of the buffer's data store is filled with zeros.
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if target not one of the generic buffer binding targets.
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if no buffer is bound to target.
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if internalformat is not a sized internal format.
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if offset or range are not multiples of the number of basic machine units per-element for the internal format specified by internalformat.
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if offset or size is less than zero, or if offset + size is greater than the value of GL_BUFFER_SIZE for the buffer bound to target.
Copyright © 2012 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/.