|Core in version||4.4|
|Core since version||3.0|
glBindBufferRange: bind a range within a buffer object to an indexed buffer target
void glBindBufferRange(GLenum target, GLuint index, GLuint buffer, GLintptr offset, GLsizeiptr size);
- Specifies the target buffer object. The symbolic constant must be GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER, GL_TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK_BUFFER, GL_UNIFORM_BUFFER or GL_SHADER_STORAGE_BUFFER.
- Specify the index of the binding point within the array specified by target.
- The name of a buffer object to bind to the specified binding point.
- The starting offset in basic machine units into the buffer object buffer.
- The amount of data in machine units that can be read from the buffet object while used as an indexed target.
glBindBufferRange binds a range the buffer object buffer represented by offset and size to the binding point at index index of the array of targets specified by target. Each target represents an indexed array of buffer binding points, as well as a single general binding point that can be used by other buffer manipulation functions such as glBindBuffer or glMapBuffer. In addition to binding a range of buffer to the indexed buffer binding target, glBindBufferRange also binds the range to the generic buffer binding point specified by target.
offset specifies the offset in basic machine units into the buffer object buffer and size specifies the amount of data that can be read from the buffer object while used as an indexed target.
The GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFER target is available only if the GL version is 4.2 or greater.
The GL_SHADER_STORAGE_BUFFER target is available only if the GL version is 4.3 or greater.
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if target is not one of GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER, GL_TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK_BUFFER, GL_UNIFORM_BUFFER or GL_SHADER_STORAGE_BUFFER.
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if index is greater than or equal to the number of target-specific indexed binding points.
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if size is less than or equal to zero, or if offset + size is greater than the value of GL_BUFFER_SIZE.
Additional errors may be generated if offset violates any target-specific alignmemt restrictions.
Copyright © 2010-2011 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/.