OpenGL Job Search - Detail Listing
Senior Interactive Visualization Specialist
Posted Date: 04-08-2014
Company: Northwestern University
Location: Evanston, IL
The Senior Interactive Visualization Specialist will bring cinematic real-time rendering to advanced scientific research. This individual will build out and guide the development of the Northwestern Visualization Interactive service. This position will be responsible for creating interactive visualizations that enable researchers of all disciplines to view, explore, analyze, and better understand data acquired through simulation and experimentation. These immersive, sometimes stereographic tools will also serve to educate students and the general public. Position will combine modern advances in graphics technology with fundamental principles of the visual arts to bring a cinematic aesthetic quality to the interactive experience.
1. 4+ years of experience working on feature entertainment titles at an interactive entertainment studio;
2. Fluency with the fundamentals of computer generated graphics including shadow mapping, direct illumination, global illumination, ambient occlusion, subsurface scattering, BRDFs, NURBS modeling, polygonal modeling, rendering methodologies, etc.
3. Proficient with current research and trends in real-time rendering, particularly in the areas of geometry, vertex, and pixel shading.
4. Familiarity with network programming using Berkeley Sockets.
5. Proficiency developing shaders in OpenGL Shading Language and current knowledge of the latest OpenGL specification.
6. Experience developing stereographic 3D visualizations.
7. iOS development experience a plus.