OpenGL Job Search - Detail Listing
MTS Software Development Engineer - OpenGL
Posted Date: 18-02-2014
Location: Orlando, FL
Link to job posting
The successful applicant will work as part of a team developing OpenGL drivers for AMD graphics accelerators. The engineer will be involved in the bring-up, debug and performance tuning of new graphics hardware running on multiple operating systems. The position will involve interfacing with ASIC design engineers and architects, OS engineers and peers in related development teams. The ability to interact directly with and debug low level hardware and operating system functionality is required. The individual will be a member of a team where communication and team skills are highly valued.
• Develop and support OpenGL drivers for desktop and mobile ASICs
• Develop and support OpenGL ES drivers for embedded applications
• Resolve problems reported by customers, application developers, and internal testing
• B.S. (M.S. preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or an equivalent field is required.
• At least 5 years of experience developing software in a professional environment is required.
• Experience using C/C++ is required.
• Experience programming with OpenGL or OpenGL-ES is a plus.
• Experience developing applications or system level software for Android is highly valued.
• Experience with software development tools such as a source level debugger and code profiler is required.
• OpenGL ICD driver development a plus.
• Familiarity with D3D a plus.
• Familiarity with graphics shaders (e.g. GLSL) a plus.
• Systems-level programming for Windows and/or Linux (including wgl/glx/egl) a plus.
• Understanding of 3D graphics algorithms a plus.
To apply, please follow this link: https://www.amd.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=28367
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV