OpenGL Job Search - Detail Listing
Data Visualization Developer
Posted Date: 27-05-2014
Company: Bloomberg LP--
Location: 731 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10022--
Link to job posting
Bloomberg needs technical, “hands on” Data Visualization developers for the expansion of rich interactive graphics, data visualizations and charting. As a Data Visualization developer at Bloomberg, you will be responsible for the design, development and production support of interactive data visualizations used across the enterprise. This position emphasizes a need for an artistic mind to conceptualize, design, and develop reusable graphic/data visualizations as well as very strong technical knowledge for implementing these visualizations using the very latest technologies.
- Computer Science/Engineering/Math degree with experience in C/C++
- Interactive graphics development using HTML5/Canvas, WebGL, OpenGL, or Direct3D
- Experience with Data Visualization tools/toolkits like Tableau, Vislt, ParaView, Protoviz, d3, Highcharts, Processing, Maya, 3d Studio, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 4+ years experience as a programmer in computer graphics
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in interactive graphics, data visualization, data mining and data analysis
- Understanding of color theory and human visual perception
- Technical Analysis and pattern recognition
- Data processing, analysis, and data modeling
- Database principles, processes, technologies, and tools (data modeling, design)
- Data Modeling tools (Toad, ER Studio, Visio)
- Prior video game development experience
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.