Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Thread: How do I calculate box bound collision between two scaled items in openGL?

Newbie Newbie

How do I calculate box bound collision between two scaled items in openGL?

Both of the items are using different scales (e.g. item 1 = gl.glScalef(.25f, .25f, 1f) where as item 2 = gl.glScalef(.10f, .10f, 1f))

For detecting the collision between the two items, am I correct in assuming for the width and height values I use the scaled values ?? e.g. for item 1, the width is .25f?

Junior Member Regular Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by drenner View Post
    Both of the items are using different scales (e.g. item 1 = gl.glScalef(.25f, .25f, 1f) where as item 2 = gl.glScalef(.10f, .10f, 1f))

For detecting the collision between the two items, am I correct in assuming for the width and height values I use the scaled values ?? e.g. for item 1, the width is .25f?
    You can retrieve modelview matrix by glGet() and then multiply it with vertex coordinates. Dont forget that matrix will be coloumn major.

Newbie Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by debonair View Post
    You can retrieve modelview matrix by glGet() and then multiply it with vertex coordinates. Dont forget that matrix will be coloumn major.
    Sadly I am new to OpenGL thus I don't know what you mean, if I provided you with my rendering class would you be able to show me?