The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: generating texture coordinates

Intern Newbie
    Ah, i didn't see that in the docs.

I'm using vs 2010 and I don't have auto complete if its possible

Intern Newbie
    I haven't got it working on the heightmap yet but in my small test that I setup it's showing a texture now though the color seems inverted somehow. I'm sure it's cause I'm using a BMP but I'm having issues loading jpg or png into textures with SDL atm. Now that I can at least get it on a small 3x3 grid I should be able to port this to my heightmap after I solve the color issue. Thanks for taking the time to find these problems, without compiler errors or runtime errors it's freakin' hard to find these small mistakes.

edit:
    tada! lol. Took forever but got it working with a "bit" of help.

For anyone else using SDL_image 1.2 on windows at least it doesn't seem to load the different file format .dll's and they have to be added to the directory of the .exe. It was allowing me to load BMP because that one always work for w/e reason but the rest didn't and was causing weird issues and crashing / unhandled access violation errors.
    Last edited by Exempt; 08-22-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Member Regular Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Exempt View Post
    It was allowing me to load BMP because that one always work for w/e reason
    The reason being either that BMP is Windows' native bitmap format, so it's using the loader which is built into the OS, or that the BMP format is so simple (a couple of "struct"s followed by raw pixel data) that it's built into SDL_Image rather than needing a separate library. The downside of it being that simple is that there's no compression, so BMPs are huge compared to an equivalent PNG or JPEG file.

Intern Newbie
    PNG is what i plan to use because its small and still looks good. Working on multi texturing the terrian now.