For a while, I've been working on a new design for the OpenGL Wiki's front-most pages. The current main page is basically a giant ball of links to things that a new user won't really understand. It's useful to me as a reference, but that's because I already know (and wrote) most of this stuff.

My goal with the new main page is to provide a more Wikipedia-like presentation of information when new users arrive on the Wiki.

I'd like you to take a look at it. Obviously it's not finished. There's no Featured Article or Did You Know section yet; those are still in-progress. I want you to focus primarily on the ease of finding information. In particular, pay attention to the portal links in the top right, and the links on the left side.

Do those first pages provide enough information for a new user to be able to get into the Wiki? Are the explanations on those pages clear? Is there anything on the first links from the main page that are inaccurate? Is there something that should be linked from the main page that isn't?