I've checked to see if my C string is my file... and it is. What I mean as Objective-C being my language is that I've been programming with Objective-C for years, while I've only been using C++ recently. I'm using iostream to read the file because Objective-C doesn't play nice with glfw (my window management system.) I'm not currently concerned with performance, so I've left the leak alone for now.

Passing in the size doesn't seem to fix the problem. I did this to get the size of the C String for the final parameter:

GLint sizeOfContents = sizeof(contentsConst);

I passed this in as a pointer for the final parameter. (&sizeOfContents)

So I'm still not sure why this doesn't work. What's odd to me is that sometimes the shaders will compile and other times the shaders won't compile.

I'll try GCements method of loading the shaders and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks!