OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Thread: first opengl program

Hybrid View

Newbie Newbie

first opengl program

hi,
    I am trying to learn opengl by following a tutorial. The tutorial uses external libraries (glfw, glew, glm,...) and I want to get them working from an empty project (I have not used external libraries before).
    I am using windows and visual studio 2010 and downloaded the 3 libraries from their websites and extracted them to my project folder. glew and glfw both have include and lib folders which I added in the properties. glm does not have those folders so I am not sure what to do.

However still nothing is working I get Link 2019 and Link1120 errors saying that there are a lot of things undissolved when I call functions from glfw or glew. In the tutorial samples there are some entries in the linker properties under additional dependencies
    Code :
    kernel32.lib
    user32.lib
    gdi32.lib
    winspool.lib
    shell32.lib
    ole32.lib
    oleaut32.lib
    uuid.lib
    comdlg32.lib
    advapi32.lib
    glu32.lib
    opengl32.lib
    external\Debug\GLFW_276.lib
    external\Debug\GLEW_190.lib
    But I don't think I extracted those files from the downloads. I could use the files from the samples I suppose but how do I get the libraries running without them?
    Help please..

Senior Member OpenGL Pro
    glm is a template library and so has no lib. If you are getting link errors check you have the correct path name for the libraries in the "Additional Library Directories" under linker\General or put the full path name in the library name in Linker\Input\Additional Dependencies