Image Rotation with 1 degree precision using OpenGL

i want to rotate an BMP image/ image Buffer with 1 degree precision in z-axis(Width & Height wont get changed) only by using OpenGL and i want to Export the Rotated image & save it as a BMP file.

I tried to render that image by using OpenGL functions by applying this image as a texture to a QUAD & i’m able to rotate & render this image in desired direction. But now i want to export this rotated image.

Could anyone please tell me is it possible by using standard functions in OpenGL?

Or else please suggest any links regarding this.

Thank you

EDIT: Ah well, glReadPixels is probably good.

glReadPixels

[QUOTE=Balaji_mcr;1251927]… and i want to Export the Rotated image & save it as a BMP file.
Could anyone please tell me is it possible by using standard functions in OpenGL?[/QUOTE]
As others have said use ‘glReadPixels’ to read your new image into an array. Exporting that array as a .bmp file is not something that OpenGL does. You’ll have to Google a phrase like ‘OpenGL .bmp export’ to get some code to do the export step. There’s lots of free software that will do this for you. I do what are trying to do all the time in my OpenGL simulations. In fact I export 100’s, even 1000’s of images into a folder for compression into Quicktime movies. Each image sequence has names like b_0001.bmp, b_0002.bmp, … etc.

Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.