AMD support for bindless textures? or when if not?

Nvidia has bindless texture support on 600 and 700 series. Does amd have this yet? Or plan on supporting it.

It’s an NVIDIA extension. One that they have patented.

So I’m guessing never.

Ok so how can this same technique be done on AMD hardware then…

Thanks

Bindless textures aren’t a technique; they’re a hardware feature. A technique would be something like shadow mapping or deferred rendering.

What are you trying to do with bindless texturing that you can’t do without it?

I would like to have access to many textures sample where as before this you were limited to what 16?

So even with array textures, that’s not enough for you? What are you trying to do in your shader that you need that?

texture array would be enough but isn’t bindless textures supposed to be faster more efficient? With texture arrays what is the limit 128 for a depth?

texture array would be enough but isn’t bindless textures supposed to be faster more efficient?

Don’t assume that NVIDIA’s press releases speak the absolute truth. And you still never answered my question: what are you trying to do?

With texture arrays what is the limit 128 for a depth?

It would have taken you 5 minutes of research to find out for yourself that 3.3 requires a minimum of 256 layers. And FYI: the HD3300 provides 8192 array layers.

I wanted to texture terrain with it and have endless tile combos so the terrain looks unique… sick of splatting as its so predictable

Thanks…

Just curious: Splatting is pretty much a no-brainer, but yeah, it’s getting old - literally. What’s the difference with your technique? Any papers relating to that or is it your own creation?