OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issue compiling OpenGL program that uses GLEW

Member Regular Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sramos58 View Post
    What am I doing wrong?
    Trying to use an GLEW library built for MSVC with gcc. Apparently the two aren't compatible.

There is an unofficial (and dated) version of GLEW for MinGW here, or you can build it from source.

Newbie Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by GClements View Post
    Trying to use an GLEW library built for MSVC with gcc. Apparently the two aren't compatible.

There is an unofficial (and dated) version of GLEW for MinGW "url" or you can build it from source.
    I found an article regarding that topic. And compiled glew myself using msys and mingw in 32 bit. But unfortunately it ended up with the same results. Only without the warnings about the VC++ specific commands listed. I'm going to try reinstalling code::blocks, redownloading freeglut and recompiling glew, then see how that works out.

Newbie Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sramos58 View Post
    I found an article regarding that topic. And compiled glew myself using msys and mingw in 32 bit. But unfortunately it ended up with the same results. Only without the warnings about the VC++ specific commands listed. I'm going to try reinstalling code::blocks, redownloading freeglut and recompiling glew, then see how that works out.

Apparently glu32 had to be added. I thought freeglut or glew would have added that DLL. But nope!