simultaneous localization and mapping with OpenGL ( 2D ) ?

Hello all,
What I’m trying to do simply is creating a virtual map by using opengl based on the concept of simultaneous localization and mapping. I’ve seen some simulations by using opengl for this purpose but without further details ( Showing off ). Is there any tutorial or any source focusing on this interesting topic at least for 2D map?

Wow, there is not even a single reply for this? Anyway, to clarify the problem, I have a position sensor by which x, y, and z are provided. The 2D map should be updated very certain time. Based on the information that provided by the sensor, I should build my map. Any suggestions?

You need to describe a bit more. What sort of map - a terrain, a sensor value map, what are its coordinate system? What exactly is you OpenGL problem. OpenGL can rendering anything you like but you have to know what you want to render.

@tonyo_au,
Thank you for your reply. I need to connect a sensor let’s say Kinect Camera. I want to get the data from the sensor and visualize them in simple window let’s say Points. I need just guidelines from where should I start? Or which are the topics that cover it?

You probably need to start here http://www.opengl-tutorial.org/