opengl origin....

i am very new to opengl …please let me know where is the origin of opengl window…
and by default is it orthographic projection??

The matrices both default to the identify matrix which makes the projection orthogonal. It is unusual to leave these un-modified except for a simple test.
Since you posted this in the shader section I should add that for a shader there are no defaults you muse supply your own matrices.

[QUOTE=tonyo_au;1250303]The matrices both default to the identify matrix which makes the projection orthogonal. It is unusual to leave these un-modified except for a simple test.
Since you posted this in the shader section I should add that for a shader there are no defaults you muse supply your own matrices.[/QUOTE]

sorry but i could not undestand much…i wanted to ask whether the origin is bottom left corner or otherwise…

Thanx

The origin is the centre of the viewport but you have to set the viewport - usually to the whole window. The viewport will be 2 world units wide and high for -1 - +1

thanx a lot…but how can i set the full window as my viewport…and if i can set a portion of it …is there a way to mark it,i mean sum solid boundary…i know my questions are very basic,but pls help…your help is highly obliged…

I guess you should read this first.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.