A little help for a Dad who is out of his depth.

Hi everyone,
Firstly let me say that I am not a software engineer, so while some of the things I ask may seem obvious to most of you, a little kindness will be appreciated.

I have a 14 year old son who fell in love with my Galaxy S3 phone, and all the things he could do with it, in particular playing a game called WorldCraft. Being unsure how long a smart phone would last in the pocket of an active 14 year old we decided to try him with an entry level android phone from Huawei. This phone runs android 2.2.2. As soon as he got the phone, he downloaded his favorite game only to find out that it won’t run.

Apparently his phone has version 1.0 of this thing called openGL, and to run the game he needs to have at least version 1.5.

Unfortunately I seem to be failing as a father, because I cannot find anywhere how I can upgrade his phone with version 1.5 or higher of openGL.

Could someone tell me if this is possible, and if so how a NON computer savy person such as myself can go about doing it.

Many thanks for any help.

KiwiDad

OpenGL is an API, it is used to communicate with the graphics card, for rendering 3D things.
For smartphones and PDA, there is another version called OpenGL ES. The first version was 1.0, then 1.1, then 2.0.
I’m surprised the game is asking for OpenGL 1.5.
Is your game from blizzard (blizzard.com)?

Hi Van, sorry it was my mistake. His game is saying that it needs 1.1 not 1.5
Thanks