Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Thread: OpenGL on web server

Junior Member Newbie

Question OpenGL on web server

I am looking for advice. A web application I developed depends on basic OpenGL extensions. It works well enough on my modest Windows 7 i5 Acer PC using only the on-board Intel HD Graphics. But when deployed at my web host on Windows Server 2008 or 12, the count of OpenGL extensions drops from 94 to 3 and my functionality mostly disappears. It appears impossible to enable OpenGL extensions on these Windows Server OS's. Should I move to Linux? Should I look for emulation? What is best path out of this pickle Thanks for any advice.

Junior Member Newbie
    Stab in the dark here but have you installed the latest video drivers?

It might also be worth having a quick look at the DLLs your app uses on the other machine - search for "windows dependency walker". Probably not what you're after but it's helped me with things like a libpng version mismatch or figuring out which visual studio runtimes I need.

Junior Member Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by sleap View Post
    Stab in the dark here but have you installed the latest video drivers?

It might also be worth having a quick look at the DLLs your app uses on the other machine - search for "windows dependency walker". Probably not what you're after but it's helped me with things like a libpng version mismatch or figuring out which visual studio runtimes I need.
    Thanks. I have since decided to host my app (www.3Delighted.net) on Windows 7. The issues on the server OS's seemed impenetrable.