Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: glDrawPixels slow down when set GL_MAP_STENCIL to true on nvidia

Member Regular Contributor Nowhere-01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiecow View Post
    Well. The last problem has already been solved. If you wish to know the origin of my question, I think the best way is to get an ATI card and write some stencil blitting code, then you will know the difference between them.

As for this thread, you can see here Alfone Reinheart had found the cause of it.
    Can you please also help me to think over if there is an alternative way to write my code without loss of efficiency?
    i was asking because i actually use method of blitting, described above, and i'd like to know if it doesn't work on AMD cards and what exactly works. that's the main reason i was so invested into this question.

to get help replacing your code, you should describe, what exactly are you trying to achieve. you are trying to output stencil buffer? for what exactly?

Intern Contributor

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere-01 View Post
    i was asking because i actually use method of blitting, described above, and i'd like to know if it doesn't work on AMD cards and what exactly works. that's the main reason i was so invested into this question.

to get help replacing your code, you should describe, what exactly are you trying to achieve. you are trying to output stencil buffer? for what exactly?

You will know when you try this by yourself.

Member Regular Contributor Nowhere-01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiecow View Post
    You will know when you try this by yourself.
    welcome to my ignore list.