All of the shaders that I am calling while the FBO is active are writing to location 1, however, the texture doesn't seem to change. I tried even revering the texture back to RGB8 form, and am writing vec3(0.5,0.5,0.5) to it in both shaders, yet it still displays 1.0,1.0,1.0. I think the bindings are correct:
Code :
       glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0);
    // ----- THE DEPTH TEXTURE --------
    glGenTextures(1, &depthTextureId);
    glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, depthTextureId);
    glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB8, 1024, 780, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, 0);
    glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
    glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);

// ------ THE RENDER TEXTURE ------
    glGenTextures(1, &renderTex);
    glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, renderTex);
    glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA8, 1024 /*512*/, 780/*512*/, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, NULL);
    glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
    glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);

// ---- setup the FBO ------
    // Create a frame buffer
    glGenFramebuffers(1, &fboHandle);
    glBindFramebuffer(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, fboHandle);

// create the depth buffer
    glGenRenderbuffers(1, &rboId);
    glBindRenderbuffer(GL_RENDERBUFFER, rboId);
    glRenderbufferStorage(GL_RENDERBUFFER, GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT24, 1024, 780); //512, 512);
    glFramebufferRenderbuffer(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT, GL_RENDERBUFFER, rboId);

glFramebufferTexture2D(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0, GL_TEXTURE_2D, renderTex, 0);
    glFramebufferTexture2D(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT1, GL_TEXTURE_2D, depthTextureId, 0);

GLenum drawBuffs[] = {GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT1}; 
    glDrawBuffers(2, drawBuffs);
Any ideas as to why the FBO would be writing to color attachment 0, and not color attachment 1 as well (checked with gdebugger)? Does something specifically need to be enabled to allow for multiple color attachments?