Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSAA with maginification's simple question

Intern Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Photon View Post
    Yes, if your GPU/driver supports OpenGL 4.3 and/or ARB_stencil_texturing.

If not, probably some PBO copy games you can play to "retype" a stencil or depth/stencil texture so you can read it in the shader.
    Then can you tell me if I have a hardware support OpenGL 4.3 and ARB_stencil_texturing, I can use a shader program to control the stencil buffer sampling in my own way?

If so, can you tell me such a program is a part of a vertex shader program or a part of a fragment shader program or an indenpendent shader program which is separated from the former two?

And can you tell me whether a hardware supports opengl 4.3 and ARB_stencil_texturing can be tested by what software? I have tried AIDA64, but it seems that the newest opengl version can be tested by it is only 4.2.

Best Regards,

newbiecow
    Last edited by newbiecow; 12-12-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Senior Member OpenGL Guru Dark Photon's Avatar
    Query GL_RENDERER and GL_VERSION and print them out. You can also query for extensions by name.

It's also possible to use a different GL context create call (CreateContextAttribs) and request or force a context of a specific GL version. Check your GLUT implementation as it might support this. Or you can call it yourself, though that means ditching GLUT.

Intern Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Photon View Post
    Query GL_RENDERER and GL_VERSION and print them out. You can also query for extensions by name.

It's also possible to use a different GL context create call (CreateContextAttribs) and request or force a context of a specific GL version. Check your GLUT implementation as it might support this. Or you can call it yourself, though that means ditching GLUT.
    Dear Dark Photon,

Can you please also answer my former two questions?

Best Regards,

newbiecow

Senior Member OpenGL Guru Dark Photon's Avatar
    I was answering your first question. How to tell whether your GPU/driver has support.

Now that I re-read it though, if I infer what grammer I think you actually meant, then the answer is yes. However, you can very likely do this on pre-GL4.3 hardware as well using PBO copies.

As to your 2nd question, you just read the texture in the shader like normal, so read it in the shader of your choice.

As to the 3rd, I don't know.