Need help with model cutting and model deforms for darkplaces engine.

I was wondering if a developer could help add a feature to the opensource darkplaces engine. Model cutting and model deforms.

I would like to add an axe to a mod I’m working on. I’ve allready added 4 other ancient weapons including caltrops and a torch that burns, gives light, and extinguishes in water, also other bludgeon weapons and ancient ranged weapons.

I cannot add an axe or a sword however because it would not be any different than the bludgeon weapons without some darkplaces engine modifications: the axe needs to cut and cleave that which it is brought against, for this there need to be routines in the darkplaces engine that cut things via a plane and then either loop-fill the hole or just mirror the new model on the inside with a blood texture (easier) (depending on species).

The subroutine would need to accept a few parameters: coords of the cut plane (ofcourse), texture to use for blood, weather to loop-and-fill with new polygons the hole or to just copy-reverse the new model(s) and make an interior hull (easier).

This could all be placed in a modeldeforms.c for darkplaces.

Other deforms that would be nice could be: shatter (model is reduced to collections of it’s triangles), shrink/expand, collapse (think disolve in acid, model is collapsed/shrunk towards the bones), cave-in (radius is given and point, any part of the model that is in this radius is collapsed away, thus looking like a cave-in).

Here’s a zip of just the engine: http://ompldr.org/vZ2R0dA/darkplacesforxonotic.zip