As the title suggests, I'm having a hard time loading textures with OpenGL, specificly in Windows (XP). I'm basicly just using thecplusplusguy (youtube.com/thecplusplusguy)'s code for loading textures, found here. It compiles runs fine in Ubuntu Linux, as well as Linux Mint, but when I tried to compile it in Windows, I got this error: "GL_UNSIGNED_INT_8_8_8_8 was not declared in this scope", so I put "#define GL_UNSIGNED_INT_8_8_8_8 0x8035" at the top of my file. That compiled fine, but when I ran my program, where my texture should be on my plane (GL_QUADS) was just completely white. So I tried to #include <GL/glext.h>, but that had the exact same effect, just a white plane. I tried just taking away the .jpg image (I also tried the .bmp image format) from the folder where my program was in, and as expected, the program crashed, which I guess is a good thing. I also tried the texture loading function here, and again, just a white plane. I'm sorry if I'm using bad terminology or anything, as I am a C++ and openGL noob. Any help would be awesome, as I am completely stuck, and I'm on a bit of a deadline (this is a project for school). Thanks in advance,

Peter