Quote Originally Posted by thokra View Post
He said quite clearly, provide a basic version(core or compat) which would be a mutual exclusive switch and perhaps default to core if not specified and a list of extension.
Do you think 90% of people trying to use OpenGL know what extensions they need? I wouldn't bet on it.

The problem with your suggestion is that code needs to exist so you can run the script. What if you start a new project and you know you're gonna need a GL4.3 core header? What code is there to parse?
Yes, it requires a code. A new project does not have any GL calls so there is no need for the extensions either. Only oglext.h, for example, should be included, and before compilation that function loader should be called (and it would fill oglext.h/.cpp). It could be some kind of plugin for VS, but it is better having a platform independent tool.

I guess you mean a native executable.
Yes, I still think it is a better solution. Alfonse would probably provide both code and executable for Windows. Knowing myself and many programmers around me, a executable is much better solution (if it works correctly), than having a code that have to be compiled, or script that requires its on environment.