Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Thread: HELP! OpenGL 3.0 Framework for Windows 7

Junior Member Newbie

HELP! OpenGL 3.0 Framework for Windows 7

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on here so I'm sorry if this has been answered already

I am an intermediate openGL coder though my experience has been with xcode on OS X (don't kill me) and Ubuntu. Only recently I'm making the move to Windows on my second machine. I have used openTK with visual C# but the syntax is so different it felt like learning a new language.

So heres my question... How do you get openGL 3.0 frameworks working on a windows machine with C? I want to do it on a lowish level as this is the language I am most familiar with. Suggested C editors and compilers for windows 7 would also be highly appreciated. Alternatively if I could get openGL's classic API working with C# you'd get massive bonus marks from me

Thanks in advance guys!

Junior Member Regular Contributor
    what do you mean by OpenGL 3.0 Frameworks?

You should be able to edit and compile an OpenGL program in C using Microsoft's visual studio 2010 (even with the free express editions)

You can use a free library like GLEW http://glew.sourceforge.net/ to easily access the latest available OpenGL version on your hardware.