What is Matrix?

Hi everyone!
i was wondering, what is matrix in open gl?
on the internet i’ve not been found much information.

Thanks.

:smiley:

A matrix is an array of number and in openGL are used to perform linear transformation of point and vector like in geometry.
Please be more specific, your question is like asking “What is a number” in a maths forum.

Don’t worry if you didn’t found any information about matrix, they will find you.
The matrix is all around you. O_O

Follow the white rabbit.

[QUOTE=Rosario Leonardi;1242615]A matrix is an array of number and in openGL are used to perform linear transformation of point and vector like in geometry.
Please be more specific, your question is like asking “What is a number” in a maths forum.

Don’t worry if you didn’t found any information about matrix, they will find you.
The matrix is all around you. O_O

Follow the white rabbit.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

i was wondering, what is matrix in open gl?

I assume you have no understanding of basic linear algebra? Mathematically, a matrix is nothing else in OpenGL than in any other context. You should check out this before attempting to do any serious graphics programming. Otherwise you’ll just copy and paste code you don’t really get.

Ah ok grazie mille :smiley: almeno c’è un italiano xD
comunque grazie per la spiegazione :wink: sto iniziando a capirci qualcosa in più.

cool… interesting.

Yes, I know. At the moment, I didn’t write any program, in fact I’m trying to learn something before make a real “pro” game :smiley:

but on the internet there aren’t a lot of tutorial. it isn’t?

Just like with anything else, you can find hundreds and thousands of materials on linear algebra and matrix math, even specialized for their use in 3D graphics.

But don’t expect a one-page-sized tutorial that will teach you everything.

I found a really good book, called 3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development.
I’ve been started to read it, and it’s powa :smiley: