HELP! OpenGL 3.0 Framework for Windows 7

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on here so I’m sorry if this has been answered already :slight_smile:

I am an intermediate openGL coder though my experience has been with xcode on OS X (don’t kill me) and Ubuntu. Only recently I’m making the move to Windows on my second machine. I have used openTK with visual C# but the syntax is so different it felt like learning a new language.

So heres my question… How do you get openGL 3.0 frameworks working on a windows machine with C? I want to do it on a lowish level as this is the language I am most familiar with. Suggested C editors and compilers for windows 7 would also be highly appreciated. Alternatively if I could get openGL’s classic API working with C# you’d get massive bonus marks from me :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance guys!

what do you mean by OpenGL 3.0 Frameworks?

You should be able to edit and compile an OpenGL program in C using Microsoft’s visual studio 2010 (even with the free express editions)

You can use a free library like GLEW http://glew.sourceforge.net/ to easily access the latest available OpenGL version on your hardware.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.