OpenGL ES glUniformMatrix bug with sending transposed data

I’ve just spent an hour or two trying to get this code work:

float *tab = new float[16];
    for (int i = 0; i < 16; i++)
        tab[i] = 0.25f;
    GLint uniformLocation = glGetUniformLocation(gProgram, "vvv");
    glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation, 1, true, tab);
    delete[] tab;

The shader, instead of getting a matrix filled with 0.25, gets same zeroes. However, when I set 3rd param of glUniformMatrix to “false” (that is, the data is non-transposed), everything works fine. I guess this is a driver bug? (I’m using a Tegra2-based device with Android 2.2)

Did you call glUseProgram before using glUniform*? Did you successfully link the program? Is uniformLocation > -1 after glGetUniformLocation?

If all the above are true in your case I guess it’s simply a bug in the Tegra drivers. Can’t confirm it myself here on account of not possessing a smartphone.

glGetUniformLocation returns a valid value. However, I noticed that when I want the matrix to be tranposed (and thus set the third arg. of glUniformMatrix to true) I get erros with glGetError, namely, GL_INVALID_VALUE error.

GL_TRUE is an invalid value. OpenGL ES doesn’t allow you to pass transposed matrices. They must be column-major, and the spec is clear that passing anything other than GL_FALSE is an error.

The only reason ES 2.0 even has that parameter is because desktop GL had it.

I probably should have checked the docs earlier but honestly this is very surprising it works this way. It is here if anyone is interested glUniform
Thanks Alfonse for pointing this out.