Hi, I've run into a really strange bug, when trying to write a tiny OpenGL application, this time using the Cinder library.
The bug I'm suffering from is that in some circumstances, the application starts/runs at 0 FPS. The application is a tiny application, drawing some boxes and an AntTweakBar interface. It only happens on nVidia graphics.
Here is the source code (it's really short):
The strange thing of this bug is that if I do any of the following, the example runs at full speed (around 100 FPS):
- run with F5 from Visual Studio (Start Debugging) => 100 FPS
- run with Ctrl + F5 (Start without Debugging) => 0 FPS
both examples are with Release build.
- if I remove the mParams.addText( "text" ); of AntTeakBar => 100 FPS
- if I remove the color changing glColor4f( randFloat(), 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 ); => 100 FPS
- if I remove the inner push-pop matrixes + translate => 100 FPS
- if I run with Intel iGPU => 100 FPS
Here is the compiled exe file on Dropbox:
Can you test it (or compile from source) on your computer, if the bug is present or not? Can you tell me what should I do? I'm sure it's not a bug with Cinder or with AntTweakBar, but then I have no idea why is this bug present or what can I do with it.
Running Win 7 64, Quadro 1000M, 297.03